Who We Are / Our History
All Regional Council members are required to:
- Complete more than four years of hands-on training at our state-of-the-art training centers.
- Participate in on-going safety and skill advancement instruction.
- Undergo regular drug testing.
To become a member of the Carpenters Regional Council means being a proud part of one of the oldest and best labor unions in the nation. For information on how to join us, contact the Regional Council Office at 314.644.4800 or toll-free at 800.332.7188.
- UBC founded in 1881 by Peter J. McGuire
- St. Louis-Kansas City Carpenters Regional Council formed in 1915 to organize regional carpenters union interests
- Covers Missouri, Kansas and Southern Illinois
- Current Executive Secretary-Treasurer: Al Bond
- The Carpenters' Union builds our community