Training / Schools
Kansas City Training Center Entrance ProcessApplication
The application process is held every Monday - Friday at the Western Training Facility located at 8955 E 38th Terr. Kansas City, MO 64129 between 8:00-10:00 am. Applicants are required to bring the following documents to begin the application process:
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Copy of High School Diploma/GED/Transcripts
- If applicant has not obtained their diploma or GED, they will be required to do so within the first 12 months of their apprenticeship.
- A third option for applicants who have not obtained their GED or HS diploma- they may complete a series of Work Key testing and meet specific scoring requirements.
Letter of Intent - RECENT CHANGES HAVE BEEN MADE TO THIS PROCESS
Letters of Intent are only accepted for previously qualified participants.Once this letter is obtained, the applicant will need to return to the Western Training Facility Wednesday - Friday promptly at 8:00am and complete the application process:
- Present Letter of Intent to the Apprenticeship Office
- Complete paperwork with the Apprenticeship Office
- Complete on-site substance abuse testing
- Complete Math and Reading Work Key Testing
- Obtain work permit with the Regional Council, $23.00 (cash, check or money order).
Individuals who are over the age of 22 and have at least 4 years of experience in the field have the opportunity to complete a placement test.
- Individual must meet age and experience requirements mentioned above
- Letter of Intent from contractor must request administration of JM test (Letters of Intent are only accepted for previously qualified applicants)
8955 East 38th Terrace
Kansas City, MO 64129
Notice of Nondiscriminatory Policy
The Carpenters' Training Fund admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all of the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at its school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, or national and ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.